Principles of Railway Operation
Get on track to move railway vehicles efficiently and safely. Learn about all the activities and equipment needed to guarantee the safety, control and monitoring of train movements. Broaden your understanding of all relevant components for a safe, successful and sustainable railway operation and its systems.
- Acquire a sound knowledge of the principles of rail operations and the various activities, equipment and processes involved
- Broaden your understanding of the rules and requirements for operating the railway looking at different types of railway operation systems
- Gain valuable insights into the usage of the European Train Control System and the European Rail Traffic Management System
- Improve your skills and abilities to aid your decision-making to ensure safe, successful and sustainable railway operations
This course provides you with a comprehensive overview of components and subsystems of the railway operations and the important connections between people, rolling stock, infrastructure components and signaling systems. Understanding these interrelationships and dependencies helps to ensure a safe and successful railway operation and its systems.
- Overview of components and subsystems of the train control function
- Connections between people, rolling stock, infrastructure components and signaling systems
- Communication systems
- Basic signaling systems
- Railway capacity and control
- ERTMS / ETCS
- Interlocking systems: time tables
- Advanced control systems: radio control, GPS for train control, simplified low capacity systems
DB Rail Academy focuses solely on offering training courses to larger groups from companies. If you and your company are interested in this course, please contact us via email: email@example.com so we can plan the next steps with you.